AVOID FOX car rentals.
The negative reviews are accurate and wish I had taken note
Arrived at LAX and waited ages for shuttle bus.
Had to *** for over an hour just to get to the service desk. Booked a 'speciality' car. Do not be fooled thinking you will get one. Was told I would get either a Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger or Chevy Camaro. This was confirmed in a chat transcript that one of these cars would be available. None there when we arrived and waited 90 minutes to be told this. Offered another car and told we could change it in Vegas!! We eventually agreed to this as the customer service was so poor. Drove to Vegas and changed car and found out they had sent us with someone else's paperwork! Picked up a Dodge Challenger which was as dirty as the first car but what we wanted so we took it. Not happy with all this so contacted Fox customer service 3 times requesting a manager called us. No call was received. We were in California for 3 weeks so when we returned to LA we called in at Fox branch. Whilst we were there we witnessed other people who had done the same as us (reserved a 'speciality' car) being fobbed off with other vehicles. Three couples were all bitterly disappointed - Fox did not seem bothered at all and told them to either take another vehicle or come back the following day.
We saw a manager and got a discount. However this did not make up for the loss of holiday time, messing around, queuing, dirty car and stress they put us through. Even the toll roads they tried to bill us for - the duty manager said he would get admin to call us - still waiting for that call. Ended up calling the toll company and explained that Fox were intending to charge us an extra $50-$60 for them to pay it on top of the toll charge. Next time we will use a reputable company.
Queuing for over an hour to get a car to be told they had not got the car we had ordered and had been assured we would get
Not enough staff to deal with the queues and slow
Not getting car you reserved
Poor customer service no call backs when requested and promised
Unable to contact the LAX depot due to lack of admin staff
The corporate number we had been given was a discontinued number
Dismissive attitude from staff, made to feel as though we should be grateful for being offered a vehicle we did not want or order
After a lot of hassle they offered us a discount on the rental which we have now received, however, the impact on our holiday it was not worth it.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer service
- Inaccurate information
- Not honoring their promise
- Poor customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So had to take a last minute trip to Philadelphia. Arrived at 12:15 this morning and couldn't get any discount rate prior to arriving. Had to book a car for..."
- "On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. Upon initial inspection and walk around of the Chrysler minivan,..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."