AVOID FOX car rentals.
The negative reviews are accurate and wish I had taken note
Arrived at LAX and waited ages for shuttle bus.
Had to *** for over an hour just to get to the service desk. Booked a 'speciality' car. Do not be fooled thinking you will get one. Was told I would get either a Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger or Chevy Camaro. This was confirmed in a chat transcript that one of these cars would be available. None there when we arrived and waited 90 minutes to be told this. Offered another car and told we could change it in Vegas!! We eventually agreed to this as the customer service was so poor. Drove to Vegas and changed car and found out they had sent us with someone else's paperwork! Picked up a Dodge Challenger which was as dirty as the first car but what we wanted so we took it. Not happy with all this so contacted Fox customer service 3 times requesting a manager called us. No call was received. We were in California for 3 weeks so when we returned to LA we called in at Fox branch. Whilst we were there we witnessed other people who had done the same as us (reserved a 'speciality' car) being fobbed off with other vehicles. Three couples were all bitterly disappointed - Fox did not seem bothered at all and told them to either take another vehicle or come back the following day.
We saw a manager and got a discount. However this did not make up for the loss of holiday time, messing around, queuing, dirty car and stress they put us through. Even the toll roads they tried to bill us for - the duty manager said he would get admin to call us - still waiting for that call. Ended up calling the toll company and explained that Fox were intending to charge us an extra $50-$60 for them to pay it on top of the toll charge. Next time we will use a reputable company.
Queuing for over an hour to get a car to be told they had not got the car we had ordered and had been assured we would get
Not enough staff to deal with the queues and slow
Not getting car you reserved
Poor customer service no call backs when requested and promised
Unable to contact the LAX depot due to lack of admin staff
The corporate number we had been given was a discontinued number
Dismissive attitude from staff, made to feel as though we should be grateful for being offered a vehicle we did not want or order
After a lot of hassle they offered us a discount on the rental which we have now received, however, the impact on our holiday it was not worth it.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer service
- Inaccurate information
- Not honoring their promise
- Poor customer service
You May Also Like
- "This apartment complex has been nothing but issues. I do not receive any notifications about important notices like everyone else I know does. The outside of the building is always..."
- "I selected Payless because it was going to cost me $30 less than Enterprise at the Tampa Airport in January 2016. It took me AN HOUR AND A HALF to..."
- "My wife is a flight attendant of a major US Airline, so we travel to France and other countries often on vacation. When we return a rental car, in..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "Two Bad Experiences Are More Than Enough At Two Different Fatburgers! Can You Believe It! This afternoon being Thursday, July 23, 2015 at approximately 12:50 P.M., I went into the..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."