AVOID FOX car rentals.
The negative reviews are accurate and wish I had taken note
Arrived at LAX and waited ages for shuttle bus.
Had to *** for over an hour just to get to the service desk. Booked a 'speciality' car. Do not be fooled thinking you will get one. Was told I would get either a Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger or Chevy Camaro. This was confirmed in a chat transcript that one of these cars would be available. None there when we arrived and waited 90 minutes to be told this. Offered another car and told we could change it in Vegas!! We eventually agreed to this as the customer service was so poor. Drove to Vegas and changed car and found out they had sent us with someone else's paperwork! Picked up a Dodge Challenger which was as dirty as the first car but what we wanted so we took it. Not happy with all this so contacted Fox customer service 3 times requesting a manager called us. No call was received. We were in California for 3 weeks so when we returned to LA we called in at Fox branch. Whilst we were there we witnessed other people who had done the same as us (reserved a 'speciality' car) being fobbed off with other vehicles. Three couples were all bitterly disappointed - Fox did not seem bothered at all and told them to either take another vehicle or come back the following day.
We saw a manager and got a discount. However this did not make up for the loss of holiday time, messing around, queuing, dirty car and stress they put us through. Even the toll roads they tried to bill us for - the duty manager said he would get admin to call us - still waiting for that call. Ended up calling the toll company and explained that Fox were intending to charge us an extra $50-$60 for them to pay it on top of the toll charge. Next time we will use a reputable company.
Queuing for over an hour to get a car to be told they had not got the car we had ordered and had been assured we would get
Not enough staff to deal with the queues and slow
Not getting car you reserved
Poor customer service no call backs when requested and promised
Unable to contact the LAX depot due to lack of admin staff
The corporate number we had been given was a discontinued number
Dismissive attitude from staff, made to feel as though we should be grateful for being offered a vehicle we did not want or order
After a lot of hassle they offered us a discount on the rental which we have now received, however, the impact on our holiday it was not worth it.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer service
- Inaccurate information
- Not honoring their promise
- Poor customer service
You May Also Like
- "Enterprise Rent-A-Car office, located 852 W 6Th St, Corona, CA 92882, has accused us of damage to a vehicle we rented. Upon returning the car, the only person in the..."
- "At first rent a wheel in east las vegas nv. Was polite ,willing to help,friendly, i hit a pothole and ruined 1 tire ,i went in to get one tire he..."
- "We recently rented a car from Enterprise, but did NOT purchase their insurance - HUGE mistake. While doing the inspection with the representative before we left with the car,..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year of 2015, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with..."
- "Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off. I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames. Doused with water to..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."