Fox Rent a Car has a nice scam going with VMS.An agency (with a class action law suit against it) whose only purpose is to inform you of any fine you may have incurred in the rental car and then charge you a ridiculous fee.

Here is how it works.

When signing my contract agreement I was informed that I would be responsible for any tickets. This of course did not seem like a big deal to me. For instance if I get a parking ticket I should pay for it. Anyways I ended up going through the fast line by mistake without a transponder.

About 2 weeks later I received a letter from VMS stating that I owed a $28 fine. So no big deal here, I was at fault. But the kicker is VMS said they were charging my credit card a $40 fee. Really!?, 40 dollars to send me a letter.

So now I have to pay an additional $40 on top of my $28 dollar fine. I'm assuming that I agreed to this by signing the contract, however I still feel that Fox was being deceitful by burying this in the fine print.

Maybe I should just be glad that the fine print did not also require me to send my first born child to VMS, in a prepaid package with the $40.Anyways because of this exorbitant transaction fee from VMS I will never rent from Fox again.

Review about: Fox Rent A Car Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Fox Rent A Car?

Comments

Calgary, Alberta, Canada #941501

I got the same. I will not rent car from fox again

Happened to me too! Never rent from Fox again!

Yeah same thing happened to me too!I rented a car from fox SFO airport, got a parking ticket of $38 paid it online which has an additional fee of $3.95 then saw that vms charged my credit card $40.

I called & they let me wait & wait cuz they put me on hold for 30mins then hung up on me. I called about 3 times till they finally answered only to tell me that the $40 they charged was their fee!!! Goodness gracious!!! I paid more than double that parking ticket!

It cost them $40 just to give the city my info?!?!? Someone must do something about this scam!!! It's horrible!!! I didn't even get any letter or notification from fox rental or vms!!!

They just went ahead & charged my credit card!!!Horrible way to do business!!!

Yes, the exact same happened to me except I was traveling with my own transponder that kept beeping every time I went over a bridge.My transponder wasn't working.

So, what do I get? Four processing letters for $40.00 each from VMS and 4 tickets from the Bay area toll roads.

I had to contact all 3 entities and ended up paying the North Tolls and VMS way more than it was ever worth to drive the car.The VMS processing service that works with FOX is located out of state and is absurd.